The Arab League of Associations for Rheumatology was founded on 29 March 1995 under the name of Pan Arab Society of Rheumatic Diseases. It was changed to the current name in November 2018 with a new logo and new Articles of Association 14 biennial congresses were held in different Arab countries.
The 5 missions of ArLAR are:
• To represent Arab Rheumatologists
• To promote the pursuit of excellence in rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease care
• To enhance education and research among the Arab countries
• To advance professional camaraderie between Arab Rheumatologists and worldwide
• To boost research & training with the aim of improving the health of patients with rheumatic & musculoskeletal diseases